Accurate, real-time measurement
How does TLM work?
The TLM monitor contains
a full suite of sensors contained in a corona-free package powered from line current.
- Conductor Clearance: An on-board LiDAR sensor provides highly accurate line clearance measurements, avoiding the errors associated with clearance estimates based on conductor sag.
- Line Current: Measurements are made simultaneously with clearance; critical information on lines with multiple taps.
- Conductor Temperature: Sensor keeps track of excessive temperatures that lead to conductor annealing.
- Vibration: Three-axis MEMS accelerometer provides frequency data for tilt and roll indication and detection of line galloping and Aeolian vibration.
- Secure Communications: Satellite radio ensures reliable communications in even the most remote locations with no dependence on any other infrastructure. Use of the Iridium satellite network requires no other hardware to be installed on the line other than the TLM devices, and requires no other setup or configuration effort as is typically associated with an RTU.