Accurate, Real-Time Measurement
A mainstay in utilities, Lindsey sensors provide exceptionally reliable and highly accurate voltage and current monitoring for substation, overhead, pad-mount and submersible underground distribution applications.
Zero phase shift, superb harmonic performance and 0.5% voltage accuracy make Lindsey sensors ideally suited for Volt/VAR control, monitoring, and other distribution automation applications.
For transmission applications, the Lindsey TLM™ conductor monitor provides unparalleled insight into conductor behavior, including clearance-to-ground, temperature, current, and vibration through 765kV. The TLM seamlessly provides the critical data for Lindsey’s SMARTLINE™ dynamic line rating system.
Transmission Line MonitorThe TLM monitor provides a complete picture of transmission conductor behavior in real time.
Underground SensorsMedium voltage current and voltage sensing contained in familiar underground componentry.
Overhead SensorsMedium voltage current and/or voltage sensing contained within a fully mechanical rated post insulator.
Lindsey Sensors Are Key To A Better Grid
Lindsey has been developing, crafting and supplying sensors to the electric utility industry since 1987.
SETTING THE STANDARD
Our initial line of medium voltage resistive voltage divider based voltage and current sensors, conveniently embedded into post insulators, have even become referred to as Lindsey sensors.
Hundreds of thousands have been installed over the past 35 years for good reasons:
THE HIGHEST VOLTAGE ACCURACY
- Outstanding 0.2% voltage accuracy in Lindsey GEN2 High Accuracy series overhead sensors.
- 0.3% metering voltage accuracy available in underground sensors.
- 0.5% voltage accuracy standard for all other sensors.
- 0.3% and 1% current accuracy options.
- Excellent harmonic voltage response, and no phase shift on voltage and current provide the confidence needed for today’s Volt and VAR control applications
- A mean time between failures (MTBF) exceeding 10,000 years means true install-and-forget reliability
- Construction that meets all the electrical and mechanical requirements of post insulators provides endless installation options.
EXPANDING ON PROVEN TECHNOLOGY
Over the years Lindsey has taken this same measurement technology and extended it to medium voltage underground systems:
- Stainless steel housing-based Lindsey 600A Elbow Sense™ voltage sensors and ring-type current sensors; ideal for submersible applications
- Lindsey 200A elbow and tee-body separable connector voltage sensors and split-core and ring current sensors are easily installed for pad-mount applications
TLM TRANSMISSION LINE MONITOR
Lindsey’s legendary reputation in transmission equipment and sensors combine in the unique TLM conductor monitor. The TLM is specifically designed to provide the live data feed necessary for use with Lindsey’s SMARTLINE-TCF transmission line dynamic line rating system.
TLSM TRANSMISSION SECURITY MONITOR
Highly refined from initial development at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Idaho National Laboratory, the TLSM monitor contains a variety of advanced technologies to detect vandalism and theft of tower steel on lattice transmission towers. The TLSM is designed for use with Lindsey’s SMARTLINE-TAMPER tower theft security monitoring system.