Personal privacy and data security are, and will remain, priorities for Lindsey Systems. The purpose of this document is to clearly define what we collect, store, share and use as personal data. This relates to the data of our customers, partners, suppliers, prospects, and staff members.
This Policy will help you understand our commitments to protect the confidentiality of the data. This policy was last updated October 5, 2020.
If you find issue with the content of this Policy, at any time you may request the deletion of your data by sending an email to privacy@Lindsey-USA.com or mail us at:
Lindsey Manufacturing Company dba Lindsey Systems Attn: Privacy Administration
760 N Georgia Avenue
Azusa, CA 91702 USA
In the case of the personal data of the employees of Lindsey, we also refer to the appendix to the Company Rules and Procedures concerning the respect of privacy and data protection.
Individuals’ data rights under GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants individuals’ certain rights related to their personal data.
Unless they are limited by applicable law, the following rights are granted to persons:
- Right of access: the right to be informed and to request access to the personal data we process;
- Right of rectification: the right to ask us to modify or update your personal data when they are
inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right of deletion: the right to ask us to permanently delete your personal data;
- Right of restriction: the right to ask us to stop temporarily or permanently the processing of all or
part of your personal data;
- Right of refusal:
– the right to refuse at any time the processing of your personal data for personal reasons;
– the right to refuse the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- Right of data portability: the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and
the right to transmit such personal data for use by a third-party service;
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making: the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making, including profiling, if the decision has legal effect on you or produces a similar significant effect.
Types of personal data
We are required to process the personal data of our customers and prospects (including customer contact persons), suppliers, staff, independent distributors, visitors, etc.
We have the following types of data:
- Identification and contact data: the surname, first name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Personal characteristics: preferred language, sex
- Professional data: function, department, hierarchy
Collection of your personal data
Lindsey Systems can collect your personal data in different ways:
- Directly from you: following a request for information, an estimate, a completed online form, etc.
- Through a third party: via a customer, a supplier, a partner
- Following networking activities, fairs and seminars
Use of your personal data
Lindsey Systems processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To create and track customer and supplier accounts
- To provide services related to our business sector
- To communicate information, answer questions
- To undertake verification of customers, suppliers, partners, prospects
- For billing and accounting
- For administrative and legal files, particularly in the context of audits, legal requirements, insurance, etc.
- In the context of conflict management
- For the access, management and the security of the premises occupied by Lindsey
- In the context of communications and marketing actions, including newsletters, Lindsey website, the
applications where Lindsey is present
Sharing your personal data
Lindsey Systems may, as part of its professional activities, share your personal data. We limit sharing your personal data to these categories of recipients:
- Internal services of the company itself (administrative department, sales, accounting, etc.)
- Our partners related to external service provision: notably data hosting companies, IT service
providers, the payroll office, our insurance broker, our telephone and Internet service provider, our
marketing partner, the responsible third parties’ installation or maintenance of our products, etc.
- Relevant public agencies and authorities, if required to do so by law or a legitimate business
In no case shall we transmit your personal data directly to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
Data retention and deletion
We keep your personal data only as necessary for legitimate and essential purposes for professional relations.
Upon your request, we will delete or anonymize your personal data so that you can no longer be identified, unless the law authorizes or compels us to keep certain personal data, notably in the following situations:
- If there is an unresolved issue with your account, such as an unpaid or unresolved claim or dispute, we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- If we are required to keep personal data because of legal, tax, auditing and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and or
- If this data is required for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention or security.
Security of personal data
We are committed to protecting the personal data of our partners, customers, suppliers, employees, etc. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the security of your personal data.
Lindsey Systems aims to ensure that data is protected against accidental or intentional destruction or loss, properly used and inaccessible to unauthorized persons.
In the context of international relations and exchanges, the data can be transferred, stored and processed in any country or territory in connection with Lindsey, to guarantee the management of the commercial relationship or to provide services outside of the United States.
When we transfer information outside the United States, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal information.
We may make changes to this Policy. In case of modification of this Policy, we will inform you by means of our website.